When you add your first service to a Project, for instance, when you deploy a server on a Project for the first time, we create and charge you for the service's full month. If you add more services to the same project, for example by deploying a second server or requesting an additional IP address, the amount is pro-rated to your next month's invoice.
Here's an example
You sign up on January 1st and create Server One on January 3rd and Server Two on January 4th. What happens is:
- Your billing cycle will renew every 3rd of the month.
- On January 3rd you are invoiced for the full amount for Server One for the period of January 3rd to February 3rd.
- On February 3rd you will receive an invoice with the pro-rated amount for Server Two from January 4th to February 3rd and the full amount for Server One and Server Two for the periods of February 3rd to March 3rd.
Your invoices might contain line items that look like this
The Remaining and Unused time line-items are Prorations. They indicate that a service was either added or removed from your Project during the billing cycle.
- When you remove a service from your Project, the Unused time item adds a credit to your next invoice.
- When you add a server to your Project, the Remaining time item adds a debit to your invoice referring to the date you added the service up until the service renewal.
- If you add and remove the same service during the same billing cycle, you will only be charged for the time you actually used it.
Updated 9 months ago